Car production stopped completely throughout the Second World War and only two departments were retained by the Company for repairs. These were the Service shop and the Spares department. Rows 3, 4 & 5 were occupied by the Standard Motor Company Aero Engines division and the factory manufactured a variety of components for the war effort, which included carburettors, aircraft undercarriage and other precision engineering work. Sir Alan Cobham’s company Flight Refuelling Ltd. took over other workshops to develop wing anti-icing and in-flight refuelling systems using a modified a Handley Page ‘Hereford’ Bomber located in the factory.
In 1945 many skilled employees came back from the Forces to re-join the factory and car production resumed a year later. In 1947, after being demobilised, Peter Morgan, H.F.S.’ son, joined the firm as Development Engineer and Draughtsman. The last twelve twin cylinder three-wheelers were manufactured in 1946 using mostly a stock of pre-war parts, and shipped to Australia. Due to post-war shortages export orders were favoured over those for the home market when allocating supplies of steel. Three-wheelers did not enjoy this popularity overseas and therefore the decision to discontinue their production was made in 1950. The last Morgan three-wheeler left the factory in 1953.