Mr George Goodall joined the firm in 1925, taking over the position of General Manager from Alfie Hales who had been with H.F.S since 1911. Alfie sadly died in 1927. George went on to become Managing Director of the Company, a position from which he retired at the end of 1958 whilst still retaining a seat on the Board.
Throughout the 1920s the Pickersleigh Road factory had been enlarged still further and this artists impression from 1925 shows six rows of workshops. The 7th row (later to become the machine shop) was added in 1931.